DETAILS: Motorcycle engine warranty
Only the following listed engine parts are covered:
- Pistons and Rings
- Timing Chains/Cam Chain & Chain Tensioners/Followers
- Cylinder Lining or Bore
- Oil Pump, Oil Pump drive gear/chain and Water pump drive gear/chain
- Conrods and Conrod Bearings (Big end and Little End)
- Balance Shafts & Push Rods
- Cam Shaft & Bearings
- Crankshaft & Bearings
- Valve Lifters/Camshaft followers
- Rocker Arms and Pivots
- Wrist Pins & Bushings
- Timing Gear/Sprockets/CamGear
- Primary drive gears (Wet clutch bikes)
- Valve Stems & Guides (Grinding adjustments excluded)
- Gearbox Gears and Gearbox Bearings (where bikes are lubricated by the same oil as the main engine oil)
- Gearboxes Separate from the Main engine, that require use of ancillary gear oil are not covered
- Wet Clutches and clutch baskets etc not covered
This warranty is subject to all of the following conditions and exclusions:
- It does not cover vehicles modified for, or used in, competitive events.
- It only covers factory-installed or OEM-specified engine parts.
- It does not cover claims that are the result of collision, negligent or intentional abuse, improper service or maintenance, defect in manufacture, improper installation of any part, coolant contamination, or the failure to keep the motor oil and engine coolant (only applicable to water cooled bikes) at the levels prescribed by the manufacturer. BP Lubricants USA Inc. will not refuse payment for such claims that otherwise comply with the terms of this warranty, unless it demonstrates in good faith, that one or more of these causes resulted in the damage claimed.
- It does not cover claims also covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s warranty or any extended service contract. However, if you have otherwise complied with the terms of this warranty, BP Lubricants USA Inc. will pay the deductible amount to be paid by you under any extended service contract purchased by you which covers such a claim.
- This warranty is void if at the time you applied for this warranty your vehicle had in excess of 30,000 miles and/or your vehicle was more than 6 years old (since the in-service date).
- If the subject vehicle is transferred to a second owner or second lessee, this warranty is also transferable to the second owner/lessee as long as the subject vehicle has been driven 15,000 miles or less.
- Engine warranty not applicable for use outside of the US.
This is a limited warranty which has certain conditions and restrictions that may apply to you. Call 1-888-CASTROL or refer to your Warranty Certificate for further details.
For vehicles that have between 15,000 miles and 30,000 miles, the payment of claims under this warranty is limited to 50% of the repair cost to a maximum of $2000. In no event shall the liability of BP Lubricants USA Inc. exceed $4,000 or the fair market value of the covered vehicle.
For vehicles at or under 15,000 miles, you must prove service was performed in accordance with vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations for applicable driving conditions. For vehicles between 15,000 and 30,000 miles, you must prove service was performed in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations for severe driving conditions.
Upon application approval, your terms and conditions will be e-mailed to you. Print and retain a copy of your Engine Warranty terms and conditions.