Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I apply for the Castrol® Engine Warranty?
- It’s MAXIMUM PROTECTION for one of life’s biggest investments!
- Because your professional installer believes in Castrol®’s premium line of motor oils!
- It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s free!
What does the warranty cover?
The Castrol® Engine Warranty program covers your engine from oil-related mechanical failure or abnormal wear.
- Install Castrol® EDGE® Extended Performance advanced full synthetic motor oil or Castrol® EDGE® Bio-Synthetic full synthetic motor oil exclusively and you are eligible to be covered for 500,000 miles or 15 years*†
- Install Castrol® EDGE® full synthetic or Castrol® EDGE® High Mileage or Castrol® EDGE® Bio motor oil exclusively and you are eligible to be covered for 350,000 miles or 15 years*†
- Install Castrol® GTX® MAGNATEC® motor oil or Castrol® GTX® High MileageTM motor oil exclusively and you are eligible to be covered for 250,000 miles or 10 years*†
- Install Castrol® GTX® or Castrol® GTX® ULTRACLEAN® motor oil or switch between GTX®, Castrol® GTX® ULTRACLEAN® GTX® High MileageTM, GTX® MAGNATEC®, EDGE® and you are eligible to be covered for 150,000 miles or 8 years*†
Does my vehicle qualify?
- You have maintained your vehicle in accordance with OEM’s recommendation for oil change service
- Your vehicle is not subject to any exclusion as set forth in the Warranty Details
- You own or lease a passenger car, van or light truck with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less
- Your vehicle has been driven less than 125,000 miles and the vehicle is 6 years old or less
What happens next?
Upon our receipt of your eligible Registration/Owner’s Statement, you are approved and your detailed Engine Warranty Terms & Conditions will be e-mailed to you.
How do I keep my warranty valid?*
- Have Castrol® motor oils professionally installed per the guidelines in your Warranty Certificate
- If you change your own oil, install Castrol Motor Oils per the guidelines in your Warranty Certificate
- Maintain copies of your oil-change service receipts. Receipts must indicate the installer name, date of service, odometer reading, brand of Castrol® motor oil installed and price paid
* Refer to actual Terms & Conditions for complete details
† Whichever comes first
For more information about Castrol® products, log onto www.castrol.com/us