For new car dealers only
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I apply for the Castrol® Engine Warranty?
- It’s MAXIMUM PROTECTION for one of life’s biggest investments!
- Because your professional installer believes in Castrol®’s premium line of motor oils!
- It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s free!
What does the warranty cover?
The Castrol® Engine Warranty program covers your engine from oil-related mechanical failure or abnormal wear.
- Install Castrol® EDGE®, EDGE High Mileage, or EDGE Professional full synthetic motor oil exclusively and you are eligible to be covered for 500,000 miles or 15 years (whichever comes first) *
- Install Castrol® GTX® / GTX Ultraclean, GTX High Mileage, or GTX Full Synthetic motor oil exclusively and you are eligible to be covered for 300,000 miles or 10 years (whichever comes first) *
- Install Castrol motor oils exclusively but switch between GTX/GTX Ultraclean, GTX High Mileage, GTX Full Synthetic, EDGE, EDGE High Mileage, or EDGE Professional full synthetic and you are eligible to be covered for 150,000 miles or 8 years (whichever comes first) *†
Does my vehicle qualify?
- You have maintained your vehicle in accordance with OEM’s recommendation for oil change service, or
- Your vehicle was sold to you by an authorized Castrol® dealership, where an engine inspection was performed, and
- You own or lease a passenger car, van or light truck with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less, and
- Your vehicle has been driven less than 125,000 miles and the vehicle is 6 years old or less, and
- Your vehicle is NOT used for commercial, agricultural or farming purposes.
What happens next?
Upon our receipt of your eligible Registration/Owner’s Statement, you are approved and your detailed Engine Warranty Terms & Conditions will be e-mailed to you.
How do I keep my warranty valid?*
- Have Castrol® motor oils professionally installed per the guidelines in your Warranty Certificate
- Maintain copies of your oil-change service receipts. Receipts must indicate the installer name, date of service, odometer reading, brand of Castrol® motor oil installed and price paid
* Refer to actual Warranty Certificate for complete details
† Does not include GTX ECO/Essential
For more information about Castrol® products, log onto www.castrol.com/us